05 March, 2007

Pits and pieces

I google the people I find online. A fellow blogger said it in a blog, this reminded me of old arguments people used to have about pits and pieces of digital info we leave behind in the cyber world. Groups, blogs, profiles, forums even full web pages.

Even if too careful using an alias and everything, if u attend a conference or an event most probably personal details will end up to be publicly available

Never give your true name, phone number, family details and a big no for a personal picture. This used to be the golden rule for surviving online, but now lots of people forgot it and end up being hurt in all sorts of ways.

Will my comments online makes me legally liable or ethically wrong. Here I am not talking about political blogging, but your normal regular vanilla flavored blog.

I cherish my privacy and highly respect other people right for privacy.

No comments: